Monday, June 28, 2010

Serenity

Photo of the rose garden fountain at Ballindaloch Castle in Scotland. Our Honeymoon 2007.

Lately the biggest word for me has been serenity. How to find it? How to live it? I have encountered so many walls recently and I can only hope to find the way around or over them. Or at least to find a better path to serenity.





Some words to live by:




Serenity Prayer




God grant me the serenity


to accept all things I cannot change;


courage to change the things I can;


and the wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time;


Enjoying one moment at a time;


Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;


Taking, as He did, this sinful world


as it is, not as I would have it;


Trusting the He will make all things right


If I surrender to His will;


That I may be reasonably happy in this life


and supremely happy with Him


Forever in the next.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment