Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Child in My Arms

Today, I stared at my daughter as she fell asleep in my arms. As she lay there so innocent; the tears welled up in my eyes. I was so happy, hopeful, and scared all at one time. This little girl has brought so much joy and meaning into my life. In her, I can see so many good things. I wish for her all the most wonderful things. I hope that I have the strength and knowledge to help her along the way. I want to be able to provide her with so much. Not just the material things in this life, but I want to set a good example, help her to experience all that life has to offer, and fell confident in herself to try new things. I am scared to death however; that she will experience those horrible things in this life that I have. I want there to experience life with out the hardship. Without the heart break. It absolutely amazes me how one tiny little girl can bring about so many emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment